Tuesday, September 23, 2008

NFL Punt Pass Kick

Last Saturday September 20, 2008 Phi Psi volunteered at the nationally accredited Punt Pass Kick event. This NFL run event is aimed towards younger athletes. We went to Neahwah Park in Oneonta around 10am. There we met with the staff and other volunteers. The baseball field was turned into a training camp for the children to show off their football skills. Included were punting, passing, throwing, and an obstacle course. Sponsors from many local restaurants and businesses were present and active in this event. I was asked to help with the obstacle course. I had to follow kids through the course and make sure they did not get any kind of penalties or points taken off. At the end I had to hold a bag and have kids run into me. Overall the whole event was inspiring. I myself have never been a huge athlete and it was good to see some kids who have a deep passion for the sport at such an early age. We received community service hours for this day and enjoyed each others company as well as meeting parents and their children. 

No comments: